Thank you for visiting my webpage. My name is Marios Christofides and I am a Chartered Certified Accountant (FCCA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and member of the The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus.
Following a career of over 20 years as CFO, Finance Director, Financial Controller and Auditor in the UK and Cyprus, I am, since 2012, offering high quality services to corporate clients through “MJC Consult” as an independent consultant.
Generally I work in 2 ways. I assist senior management by taking on in-house projects for which they have no time or I can conduct confidential and independent reviews, provide recommendations and implementation in areas of financial control and corporate governance where there may be need for improvement and/or compliance. I am also happy to provide confidential and impartial advice to owners, Boards and senior management in matters of strategy, internal organisational matters and business development.
Examples of recent projects:
- Establish and implement Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) based on ISO 31000 for an Oil Drilling Contractor (listed public corporation);
- Conduct Risk Assessments in various critical risk areas and report to the Risk Committee (listed public corporation);
- Formulate and update Corporate Risk Registers (listed public corporation);
- Formulate Corporate Governance policies and procedure in the areas of “Risk Management”, “Anti-Fraud”, “Whistleblowing” and “Gifts and Gratuities” (listed public corporation);
- Establish a comprehensive Quality Control Manual for a firm of Certified Public Accountants in full compliance with “International Standard on Quality Control 1” “ISQC1” “Quality Control for Firms that Perform Audits and Reviews of Financial Statements and Other Assurance and Related Engagements”.
- Establish in-house procedure for a firm of Certified Public Accountants in compliance with relevant directives for the Prevention and Suppression of Money Laundering Activities.
- Formulation of comprehensive Purchasing and Expense Control Procedure for a major insurance company.
My areas of expertise:
- Risk management;
- Cash-flow management;
- Corporate governance and procedures;
- Group structures and transfer pricing;
- Budget control;
- Financial modelling and projections;
- Business performance analysis;
- Accounts department set-up and organisation;
- Investment appraisal and financing proposals;
- Accounting and consolidations in accordance with IFRS.
My industry background and exposure:
- Oil drilling;
- Marine fuels supply and trading (bunkering);
- Stock brokerage;
- Trading and commerce;
Feel free to contact me for a confidential and free initial consultation. I will only take on work which I am confident I can deliver to your full satisfaction.
Once again thanks for taking the time to read about MJC Consult and look forward to hearing from you.